Wesbrook Place Neighbourhood Plan Amendments
UBC is undertaking a process to amend the neighbourhood plan for Wesbrook Place (the South Campus Neighbourhood Plan), which was adopted in 2005. Amendments will help achieve a more sustainable community and transfer some of the housing density from UBC Farm, which has been retained for sustainability teaching, research and innovation.
Opportunities for public and stakeholder input include:
- Three public consultation events will be held during the process of developing the neighbourhood plan amendments.
- An Advisory Planning Committee made up of community stakeholders will advise on the development of the amendments. This Committee will meet regularly throughout the process.
- A Technical Advisory Committee of agency stakeholders will provide advice on technical issues, such as infrastructure and transportation. This Committee will meet regularly throughout the process.
- June 2011 - Open House Summary Report
- September 2011 – open house display board, online feedback form (September 19 – 30), Consultation Summary
- November 1, 2011 – public open house and Q&A, online consultation (October 21-November 3)
- Existing South Campus Neighbourhood Plan
- Draft Text Amendments: Wesbrook Neighbourhood Plan
- Neighbourhood Plan Change (current plan, proposed amendments, and 3D illustration)
- South Campus Neighbourhood Plan Consideration Memo
- Documents for UBC Board of Governors Approval
September 22nd, 2011 by Katherine Xu