Musqueam Capital Corporation (MCC) would like to inform you about upcoming activity at the site known as Block F. In advance of development of the site, as approved by the BC Government and University Endowment Lands, we will be initiating the first notable site preparation.
Starting February 14, we will begin harvesting trees on approximately seven acres of the site between Acadia Road and University Boulevard close to Toronto Road. There will also be selective harvesting within the area to be designated as park, while retaining the wind firm trees in accordance with the Arborists report. Please note, we expect there to be minimal impact on neighbours at this stage.
- Fencing has been erected for public safety
- Work hours will be 8:00am to 5:00pm with minimal disruptions along Acadia between 8:30 – 9:00am and 3:00 – 3:30pm.
- Contractor vehicles will park along the west side of Acadia
- Trees are being harvested using best practices and under the strict supervision of environmental experts. The MCC are doing the work now to avoid interfering with bird nesting season.
- The trees will be harvested for use throughout the proposed community, as well as for Musqueam cultural purposes
Construction of roads and services is expected to start in the spring while Acadia will be reconstructed through July and August.
Musqueam Capital Corporation will continue to regularly communicate with neighbours about activity on Block F, with an aim to mitigating questions and concerns, while helping people plan for any traffic disruptions. Social media channels will be set up soon. Meanwhile:
Please register to receive periodic email updates. Go to: www.musqueamcapital.ca and provide an email address.