The following is a notice from Campus and Community Planning.
The Vancouver international Marathon Society will be holding the following event.
- EVENT NAME: BMO Vancouver Marathon
- DATE: Sunday, May 7, 2017
- TIME: 8:30am – 1:00pm
- SETUP/TAKEDOWN: Setup 6am / Takedown at 1pm
- LOCATION: Marine Drive (Ministry of Transportation roads) See attached route map
- PURPOSE: Only Marathon in the City to promote Vancouver’s active lifestyle, engaging participants and community partners to create a positive and memorable experience
- Portion of the proceeds are donated to charity.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 13,000 participants, 5,000 spectators
DETAILS: Road closures
- Access will be maintained to St. John Hospice at all times
- Access to Botanical Garden via Stadium Road as gaps in runners permit
- Access to Rose Garden Parkade will be maintained from Chancellor Boulevard by TCP as gaps in runners permit
- Dunbar Road Closure (8am – 10am)
- From Wesbrook Village, you can travel east bound all the way to Richmond. If you are wanting to travel west bound on SW Marine Drive to Wesbrook Village, cross via Dunbar St (would need to access Dunbar St via Kind Edward Ave). You will be able to cross at Dunbar St (expect delays), right onto W 51st Ave, right onto Salish Drive and then left onto SW Marine Dr.
- It is recommended to take W 10th Ave and then cross at Wesbrook Mall as this would be a more straightforward route. During the closure time This section of SW Marine Drive is challenging to negotiate around if coming from Richmond or South/ East side of the city. The other option would be to plan to come in before the closure time which would reduce having to try to get around all of the closures. As per the map, the closure in this area will be approximately 2 hours.
For more details on road closures throughout Vancouver please follow this link.