The UNA’s Parking management strategy in Hawthorn Place is meant to meet the need for on-street parking for Hawthorn Place residents and their visitors.
As a significant number of UBC field users tend to leave their vehicles in the East Hawthorn Area and then proceed over to UBC Sport Fields. This overwhelms on-street parking space in the East Hawthorn area on a regular basis, and it also prevents UNA residents and guests to park their personal vehicles on-street near their homes.
The UNA is pleased to announce that parking restrictions will be extended to 9 pm in East Hawthorn Neighborhood will become effective October 2, 2017.
On October 2, 2017, parking restrictions will be extended to 9 pm in the following locations.
- Eagles Drive between Thunderbird Boulevard and East Mall.
- Logan Lane between Eagles Drive and East Mall.
Local residents and strata will be informed immediately if there is any variance in the implementation timeline.
- Your vehicle must display a valid UNA Hawthorn Parking Decal in order to park in all affected locations during parking restrictions period (8 am – 9 pm, Monday to Sunday).
- Your visitor’s vehicle must display a valid UNA Hawthorn Visitor Parking Permit in order to park in all affected locations during parking restrictions period (8 am – 9 pm, Monday to Sunday).
- There is no change to valid UNA Hawthorn Parking Permit or valid UNA Hawthorn Visiting Parking Permit holders.