Chancellor Place is located adjacent to the theological colleges on the UBC campus, just off Chancellor Boulevard and Wesbrook Mall. The granite-clad Iona Building of the Vancouver School of Theology is at the heart of the neighbourhood and other theological buildings add to the neighbourhood’s heritage feel. Chancellor Place is within easy walking distance from the Chan Centre, the Museum of Anthropology, and other University amenities. Natural beauty is also an important part of the neighbourhood, and many homes enjoy magnificent views of the ocean and mountains.
Construction began at Chancellor Place in 2004 and is expected to be completed soon. Once built out, Chancellor Place will be home to approximately 1,000 residents living in a mix of housing types, including high rises and townhouses. In addition, Chancellor Place will have approximately 200 units of rental housing, a welcome addition to the University community.
Updates in Chancellor Place
Every quarter, the Chancellor Place strata chairs meet with UNA to discuss any outstanding issues:
- May 2014 Chancellor Neighbourhood Forum
- March 2012 Joint UNA/Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting
- November 2011 Joint UNA/Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting
- June 2011 Joint UNA/Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting
- March 2011 Joint UNA / Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting
- June 2009 Joint UNA / Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting
- December 2008 Joint UNA / Chancellor Strata Chair Council Meeting