Neighbourhood Parking Management Strategy
The principle behind on-street parking is to provide neighbourhood residents and visitors, who can be defined as residents’ friends/family, neighbourhood service vehicles and shoppers in neighbourhood commercial cores, an opportunity to park their vehicles in UNA neighbourhoods. The UNA recognizes that many types of visitors will visit UNA neighbourhoods. The neighbourhood parking management strategy is meant to accommodate these visitors. It is meant to discourage UBC visitors who are avoiding paying for parking in the academic core.
Different rules apply to different neighbourhoods:
- April 2, 2013 – new parking permits will be available for purchase at the UNA office (#202 – 5923 Berton Ave.).
- May 31, 2013 – all current parking permits expire.
- June 1, 2013 – new parking permits in effect. Vehicles displaying expired parking permits will be towed immediately at owners cost.
*NEW* Changes to the Parking Regulations
- Implementation of Parking Permit Fees
- Introduction of the complimentary Parking Day Pass
- Adjusting Parking Time Restrictions in Hawthorn Place
- Adjusting Parking Time Restrictions in Wesbrook Place