The following is a notice from Campus and Community Planning.
The Longest Day Race is taking place on June 16.
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017 – 18:30 to 21:00
Location: Various campus areas
- Setup at 9:00am. Takedown to 10:30pm
- 1,700 participants; 300 spectators
- Fundraising for the Junior Diabetes Resaerch Foundation and the Junior Development Track & Field
- Start on Stadium Road at Main Mall.
- Finish line and event fair at Thunderbird Stadium parking lot
- Access to St. John Hospice maintained at all times via Marine Drive and West Mall to Stadium Road
- Building access to be maintained at all times via gaps in runners.
- Sound system will be used at finish line from 5:30pm – 9:00pm to announce runners and awards at levels that will not impact Hospice residents.
- Non-amplified music will be playing at various points on Main Mall – Koerner Plaza, at Agricultural Road, around Martha Piper Plaza, Fairview Commons and Main Mall grass meridian between Kaiser and The Barn Daycare..
- To minimize disruption to the residents, Main Mall from Thunderbird Blvd to Stadium Road designated as a “quiet” and “no cheer” zone.
- Food and alcohol will be served in the Stadium parking lot.
Road closures – see map.
- 6:00pm – 8:45pm – Stadium Road CLOSED from East Mall to West Mall
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm – East Mall southbound CLOSED from Thunderbird Boulevard to West 16th
- 6:45pm 8:30pm – West Mall northbound CLOSED from Stadium Road to Stores Road
- Access to St. John Hospice maintained via SW Marine Drive and West Mall to Stadium Road via gaps in runners
- Access in/out of Hawthorn Place driveways on West Mall will be available via gaps in runners with the help of Traffic Control Personnel
- Access to/from Hawthorn Place will be via Thunderbird Boulevard and Wesbrook Mall
For more details please follow this link.