NOTE: AS OF MARCH 15, 2020, SPRING BREAK CAMPS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS. PLEASE SEE THE FULL UPDATE HERE. We have been closely monitoring the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) based on the information from local, provincial and national health partners. At this time, the Public Health Agency of Canada has deemed the public health risk associated with the virus as “low for Canada.” As such, Spring Break Camps are scheduled to continue as planned.
We have increased preventative measures to reduce the spread of germs in our facilities, including cleaning and disinfecting the high-touch point areas regularly and adding educational signage in visible areas.
In addition, we will introduce preventative measures during camp sessions:
As recommended by the Government of Canada, camp staff will be reinforcing a variety of behaviours to reduce the spread of any germs while at camp. These include:
- Doing extra hand-washing breaks, especially before any snacks or meal times. Additionally, camp staff will have access to hand-sanitizer to share with campers as needed.
- Encouraging campers to keep hands away from their mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Encouraging campers to cough or sneeze into their elbow/sleeve.
- Reducing camp activities that involve “high-fives” or close personal contact (i.e. the human knot).
- Providing additional space between campers during activities, when able and as reasonable.
Please follow the recommendations of Vancouver Coastal Health and the Government of Canada to keep children at home if they are feeling sick, under the weather, or are recovering from recent cold or flu-like symptoms.
We continue to consider and evaluate further actions on a daily basis in order to provide the safest environment possible for campers. We will communicate any changes or other updates via email.