To reduce touch points and promote physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, the University Neighbourhoods Association is now offering a streamlined online application process for the following services:
- UNA Card Application/Renewal: Gives UNA residents access to partner facilities and UNA discounts, and provides a simple way to check-in for community centre programs and fitness centres.. Online address verification is required.
- UNA Membership Application: A UNA Membership entitles UNA residents to vote at UNA Special General Meetings, Annual General Meetings and Board of Director Elections. Online address verification is required. (Note that an upcoming Special General Meeting is scheduled for September 30, 2020.
How It Works
- Log in to your UNA Account. Note that the UNA has migrated our services to a new system in June 2020. If you’re an existing UNA Account holder, your new login information was sent to you in an email in June 2020 from the address: email@example.com. If you did not receive the login email, please check your spam folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your proof of residency documents (on your UNA Client Profile page, scroll down to “Documents” and click on “New”). Documents must clearly display your UNA address that matches the one on your UNA Profile. We accept any of the following:
- Drivers Licence (with current address)
- BCID (with current address)
- Government issued ID & Utility bill (with current address)
- Government issued ID & Wesbrook Properties Lease
- Government issued ID & Village Gate Homes Lease
- Government issued ID & Credit Card Statement (with current address)
- Government issued ID & Bank Statement (with current address)
- Fill out the UNA Application (found under the Services tab)
- Select if you would like to receive a physical UNA Card. (Optional)
- Select if you would like to become a UNA Member. (Optional)
- Select if you would like to receive the Weekly UNA Newsletter (Optional)
- Select that you understand that your information will be added to the UBC Alert system and that you may be contacted by UBC in the case of an emergency event. (Mandatory)
- Note: You can verify that the process is underway by checking your UNA Profile for an active “UNA Application Process.”
- Wait for your confirmation email.
- UNA staff will process your documents and application.
- You will receive an email once your UNA Application has been processed.
- Your UNA Profile will now have your “UNA Discount” active.
- If you requested a physical UNA Card in your application, you may pick it up at the Wesbrook Community Centre during business hours.
- Note: You should expect to receive your confirmation email within 5-10 business days. Expected processing time for UNA Applications may vary depending on the volume of applicants.
If you require assistance regarding your UNA Account or the UNA Application Process, please contact the UNA by chat, email or phone.
Online Chat: Bottom right corner of the UNA Account page