The University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA) members will elect three members to its Board of Directors at the 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. All UNA members in good standing, as defined by the UNA Bylaws, can vote in this election.
|August 30, 2019||Call for Nominations – Request for nominations posted on the website and through email.|
|October 7, 2019||Nominations Deadline – All candidate applications received by this date.|
|October 8, 2019||Candidates Announced – Candidates announced through UNA website and newsletter.|
|October 22, 2019||All-Candidates Forum – 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., Wesbrook Community Centre, Social Room|
|November 6, 2019||Voter Registration Deadline – Last day to register as a UNA member to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Election/AGM.
(Note: Registrant must be at least 18 years of age, a resident in a UNA neighbourhood for at least 30 days and a resident of British Columbia for at least 60 days.)
|November 6, 2019||AGM & Election Day – Wesbrook Community Centre, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.|
The election process includes safeguards to protect the integrity of the election by ensuring all votes remain anonymous, while also applying due diligence related to voter eligibility. Only one ballot per member is allowed. Please confirm that your ballot package contains the following:
- A ballot with the names of candidates listed,
- A secrecy envelope, that lacks identifying marks,
- A certification envelope, on which is printed:
- A unique envelope number along with space for the voting member to write their name,
- A space for the member voting to write their residential address,
- A statement attesting that the member voting is entitled to vote,
- A statement attesting that the member understands that they are entitled to vote only once and that the enclosed ballot is their only vote,
- A return outer envelope with postage paid and addressed to the University Neighbourhoods Association.
HOW TO VOTE
- Vote for up to THREE (3) resident directors by marking an “X” in the box to the right of your choices on the ballot.
- Insert the marked ballot into the secrecy envelope and seal it.
- Place the sealed secrecy envelope into the certification envelope, seal it and fill out the required information.
- Place the certification envelope into the return outer envelope and seal it. The return outer envelope is postage paid.
Drop your return outer envelope (with the ballot, secrecy envelope and certification envelope enclosed) in a Canada Post mailbox. Note that the ballot must be received by the UNA by 4:30 p.m. on November 6, 2019 for it to be included in the vote counting. Please allow time for mailing.
BY DROP BOX
Drop your return outer envelope (with the ballot, secrecy envelope and certification envelope enclosed) by 4:30 p.m., November 6, 2019, in a drop box at the following locations:
- Wesbrook Community Centre at 3335 Webber Lane
- Old Barn Community Centre at 6308 Thunderbird Boulevard
- UNA Main Office at 202-5923 Berton Avenue
Please check the facilities page for each location’s business hours.
Submit your return outer envelope (with the ballot, secrecy envelope and certification envelope enclosed) by placing it in the drop box at the UNA AGM before the start of AGM at 7:00 p.m. on November 6, 2019.
Candidates for the upcoming 2019 Elections will be announced on October 8, 2019.
2019 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA) will be held on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the Wesbrook Community Centre (3335 Webber Lane). More information about the schedule is available on the 2019 Annual General Meeting page.