We’re excited to announce that the Green Depot is going to be re-opening on Wednesday, October 28! Due to concerns surrounding Covid-19 and to provide a consistent service to the community, the Green Depot volunteer program has been paused. The Green Depot will be overseen by UNA staff.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Friday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
What to expect when you come to the Green Depot
Due to precautionary measures we are taking regarding COVID-19, the experience of coming to the Green Depot will be a bit different. The process for dropping-off your items has been modified to reduce contact between staff and residents and may require more time. Please ensure that you follow all posted instructions, as well as the instructions of the Green Depot Attendant.
- Allow yourself at least 10 minutes per visit
- Only one patron is permitted in the Depot at a time
- Plexiglass barriers installed to protect patrons and staff
- Reduced time spent in the Green Depot (patrons will not sort their own waste)
- Patrons will be asked to provide contact information with each visit.
- We appreciate your patience during this re-opening. Please do not leave items outside of the Green Depot.
What’s accepted and not accepted at the Green Depot
- Computers, Phones, TVs, and accessories
- Small Household Appliance
- Clothing and Textiles
- Household electronics (including cables)
- Soft Plastics (grocery bags, can rings, plastic wrap)
- Other Flexible Packaging (Chip bags, coffee bags, wrappers)
- Light bulbs (all types, Christmas decorations)
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Ink cartridges
- Styrofoam packing blocks
- Writing instruments
- Not Accepted
- CRT Monitors
- Foam food containers (meat trays, egg containers)
- Broken light bulbs
- Commercial fire alarms
- Car parts
- Propane/Fuel tanks
- Large household appliances (mini-fridges, ovens)
- Residential recycling (containers, paper products, refundable containers)
- Thrift store items (books, household décor, kitchen supplies)
For more information about what the UNA is doing to address COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 page.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Green Depot, please email Emily Lomax, Sustainability Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did this page provide you with the information you needed? If not, please provide your feedback to help us make it better.