By order of the BC Provincial Health Officer, the UNA is suspending all indoor group physical activities and indoor sports until November 23, 2020, 12:00 p.m. The order was placed on November 7, 2020 and is to take effect immediately.
The following list was updated on November 20, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. to reflect cancellations.
Cancelled classes and activities at the Wesbrook Community Centre (WCC) include:
- Early Years
- Parents and Me Preschool Dance (Ages 1y6m-3) / Mon, 2:00-2:45 p.m.
- Preschool Ballet (Ages 3-6) / Mon, 3:15-4:00 p.m.
- Preschool Dance (Ages 3-6) / Mon, 1:00-1:45 p.m.
- Preschool Dance (Ages 3-6) / Wed, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Sportball: Floor Hockey (Ages 4-6) / Wed, 4:00-4:45 p.m.
- Active Kids: Multi-Sport and Physical Literacy (Ages 3-5) / Mon, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Active Kids: Multi-Sport and Playtime (Ages 1y6mos-3) / Mon, 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- Active Kids: Soccer (Ages 3-5) / Mon, 4:00-4:45 p.m.
- Children and Youth
- Ballet | Level 1 (Ages 6-8) / Wed, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Ballet | Level 2 (Ages 8-12) / Wed, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Ballet | Level 3 (Ages 10-15) / Tue, 7:00-08:15 p.m.
- Bollywood Dancing (Ages 12-18) / Fri, 7:00-08:00 p.m.
- Contemporary Jazz | Level 1 (Ages 7-11) / Wed, 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- Contemporary Jazz | Level 2 (Ages 10-15) / Mon, 6:45-8:00 p.m.
- Dance Foundations (Ages 4-7) / Mon, 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Musical Theatre (Ages 7-11) / Mon, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Badminton (Ages 8-12) / Fri, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Badminton (Ages 13-18) / Fri, 5:15-6:45 p.m.
- Active Kids: Basketball (Ages 8-12) / Tue, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Active Kids: Basketball (Ages 8-12) / Thu, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Active Kids: Basketball (Ages 12-16) / Thu, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Sportball: Floor Hockey (Ages 6-9) / Wed, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
- Karate Testing (Ages 4+) / Fri, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Kyokushin Karate (Ages 6-18) / Tue, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Kyokushin Karate (Ages 6-18) / Thu, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Kyokushin Karate | Beginner Kids (Ages 4-9) / Thu, 6:00-6:50 p.m.
- Active Kids: Soccer (Ages 6-9) / Mon, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
- Adults and Seniors
- Cardio Core Bootcamp (Ages 18+) / Tue, 12:00-12:45 p.m.
- Zumba (Ages 18+) / Thu, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Kyokushin Karate (Ages 19+) / Thu, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Pickleball Lessons | Advanced | Term 2 (Ages 18+) / Fri, 12:30-2:00 p.m.
- Pickleball Lessons | Intermediate | Term 2 (Ages 18+) / Fri, 10:45-12:15 p.m.
- Gentle Yoga (Ages 18+) / Fri, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Power Yoga (Ages 19+) / Wed, 11:30-12:30 p.m.
- Vinyasa Yoga (Ages 18+) / Tue, 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Yoga in Mandarin (Ages 18+) / Mon, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
WCC Fitness Centre use has been suspended until further notice. We will provide an update on the status of the Fitness Centre as soon as we have reviewed our safety protocols. (NOTE: The Fitness Centre has been re-opened as of November 10, 2020)
Our program staff will be in touch with participants regarding any refunds or schedule extensions in the following weeks. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Indoor classes and activities NOT suspended are as follows:
- Any class/workshop not listed above
- All online classes/workshops
- YMCA Before and After School Program
- Green Depot drop-off (see hours here)
- UNA Parking Permit and Passes pick-up (after completion of online application)
- UNA Card pick-up (after completion of online application)
All in-person class participants and visitors to all UNA facilities will be asked to undergo a short verbal screening before entering our facilities. Please allow for some time prior to your class or appointment. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Safety Screenings
Staff and contractors are asked to fill out a health screening form before the start of their work day or shift. Find the form here: Worker Health Screening Form