The following is a notice from Campus and Community Planning.
The Longest Day Race is taking place on June 16.
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017 – 18:30 to 21:00
Location: Various campus areas
- Setup at 9:00am. Takedown to 10:30pm
- 1,700 participants; 300 spectators
- Fundraising for the Junior Diabetes Resaerch Foundation and the Junior Development Track & Field
- Start on Stadium Road at Main Mall.
- Finish line and event fair at Thunderbird Stadium parking lot
- Access to St. John Hospice maintained at all times via Marine Drive and West Mall to Stadium Road
- Building access to be maintained at all times via gaps in runners.
- Sound system will be used at finish line from 5:30pm – 9:00pm to announce runners and awards at levels that will not impact Hospice residents.
- Non-amplified music will be playing at various points on Main Mall – Koerner Plaza, at Agricultural Road, around Martha Piper Plaza, Fairview Commons and Main Mall grass meridian between Kaiser and The Barn Daycare..
- To minimize disruption to the residents, Main Mall from Thunderbird Blvd to Stadium Road designated as a “quiet” and “no cheer” zone.
- Food and alcohol will be served in the Stadium parking lot.
Road closures – see map.
- 6:00pm – 8:45pm – Stadium Road CLOSED from East Mall to West Mall
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm – East Mall southbound CLOSED from Thunderbird Boulevard to West 16th
- 6:45pm 8:30pm – West Mall northbound CLOSED from Stadium Road to Stores Road
- Access to St. John Hospice maintained via SW Marine Drive and West Mall to Stadium Road via gaps in runners
- Access in/out of Hawthorn Place driveways on West Mall will be available via gaps in runners with the help of Traffic Control Personnel
- Access to/from Hawthorn Place will be via Thunderbird Boulevard and Wesbrook Mall
For more details please follow this link.
Did this page provide you with the information you needed? If not, please provide your feedback to help us make it better.