Plots are assigned on a first come first serve basis, according to the date of application. Once an application is received, your name will be added to the waitlist. You will be notified when a plot becomes available.
To apply for a garden plot, you must be a UNA Resident with an active UNA Access Card.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Community Gardens are for recreational and household gardening only. No produce or flowers from the garden may be sold. Growing of marijuana or other illegal substances is prohibited.
2. There is a limit of one plot per family and plot allocation will be at the discretion of the Sustainability Coordinator.
3. Plot holders must agree to the Terms & Conditions and submit annual payment before plot assignment is confirmed.
4. Plot holders are responsible for cultivating, weeding, fertilizing, watering, and otherwise caring for their assigned plot. Watering schedules must be complied with during dry weather.
5. Plot holders are responsible for maintaining their plots in an orderly condition at all times. Gardens must be free of dead vegetation, stakes and cages by October 15. Plot holders must clear out their plots before they are assigned to other gardeners.
6. Plot holders must keep the paths around the plots free of weeds and debris.
7. No structures are allowed alongside neighbouring plots and all structures must be less than 5 feet in height and not shade neighbouring plots. No trees, sunflowers or tall tomatoes are allowed.
8. Plot holders must follow organic gardening practices. The use of pesticides, chemical fertilizers, pet and human waste, is prohibited. Manure, peat, seaweed, compost, bone meal and limestone are permitted.
9. Plot holders must participate in any work parties organized by the Garden Representative (s).
10. Pets are not allowed in the garden.
11. Plot holders must use hand equipment only. No motorized equipment is permitted.
12. Plot holders must not remove any tools from the gardens, and must clean them after each use.
13. There is no smoking in the garden(s).
14. Open containers of water are not permitted, due to mosquito breeding.
15. Alcoholic drinks are not permitted. Picnics are welcome, but all food waste must be removed from the garden (and not disposed of in the garden green bins)
16. The University Neighbourhoods Association does not assume liability for adverse reactions to food consumed, or items one may come into contact with, in the University Neighbourhoods Association Community Garden.
17. Plotholder privileges may be revoked at the discretion of the UNA Sustainability Coordinator.