Wesbrook Mall will be fully closed between Student Union Boulevard and University Boulevard to ALL traffic, cyclists and pedestrians starting January 14, 2019. This is necessary to complete the civil work and road work necessary for the opening of the new Bus Exchange and Exchange Residence. The largest impact is to traffic destined to Student Union Boulevard and the North Parkade. Detour routes are as follows:
- Detour route for traffic arriving from the east via University Boulevard is Blanca Street and Chancellor Boulevard. No traffic is to use the local neighbourhood streets within the University Endowment Lands.
- Detour route for traffic arriving from the east via 16th Avenue is 16th Avenue west to SW Marine Drive then NW Marine Drive around the north end of the campus to Wesbrook Mall.
- Detour route for traffic arriving from the south via SW Marine Drive is to continue on NW Marine Drive around the north end of campus to Wesbrook Mall.
- Detour route for through traffic arriving from the north is either Chancellor Boulevard to Blanca Street to University Blvd or 16th Avenue, or NW Marine Drive to 16th Avenue.
- No bus routes will be detoured. Buses will be accommodated on Wesbrook Mall during construction.
For more information please visit the UBC Website.