October 5, 2017 Community, Governance, News

Many UNA residents have recently received Vancouver Votes cards for the by-election to be held this month to elect 9 school trustees. This card may be confusing, in that it refers to residents of the University Endowment Lands and UEL voters, but not to UNA residents or voters. To clarify, UNA residents who are Canadian citizens and meet the other eligibility conditions may also vote in the election.

Voting can be done either onĀ October 10th (at Vancouver City Hall) or on Saturday, October 14th, from 8:00am to 8:00pm (at University Hill Secondary School). You will need to bring ID that proves you are a UNA resident. Please note that if you are not on the Voters List, you can register to vote at the voting place.

There is also a by-election for one Vancouver City Councillor. UNA residents are not entitled to vote in that by-election and may only vote for school trustees.

For further information, including eligibility for voting and the acceptable ID if you need to register at the voting place, see the Vancouver Votes card.

Was this helpful?