The UNA re-opened the Wesbrook Fitness Centre as of October 15, 2020. We have made some important operational changes in order to re-open the facility safely.
- All participants must book time slots online. Each fitness centre time slot is for 75 minutes, with a limit of one time slot per participant per day. Time slots are currently available between 8:30 am – 8:30 p.m., Monday – Friday and, between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Saturday – Sunday and some holidays.
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained at all times. Equipment has been rearranged to allow for these social distancing requirements. There is now a limit of 8 people in the Wesbrook Fitness Centre at a time.
- New entry/exit procedures. All fitness centre users must enter the facility through the Lounge entrance and exit through the east stairwell.
- Reduced touch points. Participants will not be allowed to use lockers, change rooms, showers, or water fountains.
- Increased cleaning. UNA Fitness Centre staff will be disinfecting the fitness centre throughout the day.
- Mask wearing. UNA Fitness Centre staff will be wearing masks to protect themselves and participants. It is recommended that participants wear masks if they are able to do so while working out.
Our current plan for re-opening involves a phased approach to ensure the ongoing safety of staff and participants. All facility operations will continue to be guided by the BCCDC, BCRPA and provincial health authorities.
Upcoming changes are expected to include expanded available hours, purchasable monthly passes and the introduction of personal training sessions. The reopening of the Old Barn Fitness Centre is dependent on the reopening of the Old Barn. We will be providing more updates as these changes are implemented in the future.
For new fitness centre users:
For existing fitness centre users:
- Log in to your existing UNA Account.
- To book a time slot, existing members can choose between the following options:
- Purchase a 10-punch pass while keeping monthly passes frozen.
- Email email@example.com to request that a monthly pass be unfrozen.
- All monthly passes (1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month) will continue to stay frozen until January 2021 unless activated by the pass holder.
If you have questions about using the Wesbrook Fitness Centre, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.