Residential Services

UNA residents have access to the full range of services that exist for residents of other municipalities in the Lower Mainland. The UNA maintains streets, street lighting, sewers, and other infrastructure, maintains recreational facilities, such as The Old Barn Community Centre, and provides a full range of recreational and cultural programming. Garbage and recycling services are available to residents through their stratas or specific building management, just as in the City of Vancouver. Business licenses and building permits can be obtained through UBC Campus and Community Planning and specialized permits are available from other sources. Community policing for the entire University community and the adjoining University Endowment Lands (UEL) is provided by the RCMP University Detachment. Service Levies are collected by UBC, which deposits them into The Neighbours’ Fund that contributes to the UNA’s operating budget.


Comments are closed.