Great Trek, a long-standing running race at UBC is taking place this Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The event is being organized by UBC Athletics & Recreation with an approximate 3000 participants taking part in the run. Traffic advisories and full road closures will be in place for the event from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., please exercise caution when using the roads around the trek route.
Setup will be taking place between Friday, October 21, 2022 from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday October 22, 2022 from 5:30a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- The start is on East Mall in front of Irving K Barber Learning Centre
- The finish is located at University Commons
- Prepackaged snacks to be served to event participants
- Beer garden will be fenced off in University Commons and alcohol will be served to persons 19+ PENDING APPROVAL
- Coast Mountain Bus to be notified of bus routes that will be affected until 1:00pm
- Pedestrian impacts to occur on Main Mall from Crescent Road to Agronomy Road and Agriculture Road from Main Mall to East Mall.
- Sound system will be used at the start and finish lines.
- Area will include a safety perimeter
- First aid onsite
Road Closure Details
- East Mall – University Boulevard to Chan Centre Access (north of Crescent Road)
- Crescent Road – East Mall to West Mall
- NW Marine Drive – West Mall to 16th Avenue
- University Boulevard – Main Mall to NW Marine Drive
- Lower Mall – Memorial Road to University Boulevard
- West Mall – University Boulevard to NW Marine Drive
- Memorial Road – East Mall to Lower Mall
- SW Marine Drive – all southbound lanes closed from 16th Avenue to Kullahun Drive
- Old Marine Drive – southbound lane closed, limited northbound traffic will be able to turn onto Old Marine Drive at the TCP controlled south access (only as gaps in runners permit)