The UNA and UBC Campus & Community Planning are partnering to provide energy and emissions reporting for buildings in the UNA; allowing building owners to better understand energy performance and energy costs. The project will help inform future policies and programs regarding neighbourhood building energy use and reduction.
Benefits to buildings
- Receive a full report of your building’s energy usage and carbon emissions (Sample Report)
- New this year, we will be adding water consumption to the report
- Receive access to Energy Star Portfolio Manager – an online tool that will allow you to track your building’s energy performance on an ongoing basis
- Understand your building’s energy, carbon and water performance to provide support for efficiency investments, and to track savings when investments are made.
How the report differs from monthly Hydro and natural gas reports
- The report will summarize all energy use within the building, over the course of the last three years (including 2021)
- The report will also include your buildings water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Participation in this project will help inform future policies and building programs in the UNA neighbourhoods
What is required
- Expression of interest from building owners by February 18, 2022
- Submission of an application that grants permission to UBC and UNA to access building energy data (under a privacy agreement)
- Buildings that participated in the first pilot project in 2019/2020 are encouraged to participate again
- Capacity for participation is limited, and buildings will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis, so act fast!
To learn more about the project and how you can sign your building up, please read this letter: Energy Benchmarking Project Letter