- This event has passed.
October 23, 2021
The Great Trek has been a staple race in the Vancouver running community for years – formerly the Fall Classic. In partnership with the University of British Columbia, the Great Trek pays homage the Great Trek of 1922, where students marched to their current campus. This popular Vancouver event features races for everyone with a Half Marathon, 10KM and 5KM route, plus a Hat-trick option with bonus prizes if you run all three races. Join the run community and end your running season on a high note – clock a personal best time for the year or come just for the fun!
6am – 1pm – Full Road Closures as follows:
East Mall CLOSED from University Boulevard to Crescent Road. Access to Chan Centre loading bay will be maintained at all times.
· Crescent Road CLOSED from East Mall to West Mall.
· NW Marine Drive CLOSED from West Mall to West 16th Avenue. Access to Fraser River arcade, Place Vanier Commons Block and St. John’s College lot maintained between gaps in runners
· Lower Mall CLOSED from Memorial Road to University Boulevard
· West Mall CLOSED from University Blvd to NW Marine Drive
· Memorial Road CLOSED – between East Mall and Lower Mall
· Access to St. John Hospice, Botanical Gardens and Thunderbird stadium via gaps through runners