Fitness is an integral aspect of health and wellbeing. As a core provider of recreation services for UBC, the UNA has restructured our fitness portfolio to meet the needs of our campus community. In this article, we explore some of the exciting changes coming to our fitness facilities, programs, and services in 2022.
Out with the old and in with the new.
- Spin Bikes – We added a fleet of premium spin bikes to the Wesbrook Community Centre. Spin classes have been highly requested by the community and we are thrilled to be rolling it out this Summer. Learn More
- Upgrades – The Wesbrook Fitness Centre bringing in new mats, dumbells, bosu balls, weights, and an adjustable bench press.
Starting in September 2022, we are launching 30 new fitness programs! We aim to provide balanced opportunities for everyone on campus.
- Express Series – Quick fitness classes before work, during lunch, and in the evenings.
- Elevate Series – Group workout classes take your workout to the next level.
- Older Adult Friendly – Classes for older adults, those with mobility struggles, or anyone looking for more fitness knowledge.
- Spin Classes – Classes are filled with fun and music while you work through lower body exercises on and off the bike!
- Dance – Work on your fitness, mobility and coordination through dance based movement.
- Yoga – In addition to our standard yoga classes, we now have sound healing meditation.
- Other – Looking for something different? We have some unique classes coming this season to keep things interesting!
New Personal Training
Need some advice? We can’t wait for you to meet our talented team of certified personal trainers.
- Assessment Session – During an assessment session, our personal trainers listen to what you need and work with you to determine the best next steps.
- Training Session – During a training session, our personal trainers will work with you to achieve your fitness goals and track your success. Each session is based on a core fitness path, customized to fit your unique needs.
- Holistic Coaching – For complete alignment of the mind and body, our holistic coaching package includes a 1 month fitness pass, 3 personal training sessions, 3 spin classes and 3 yoga classes. Our team will help to kickstart your fitness journey!
Feedback is an important part of our process. If you have suggestions for ways we could help improve your fitness journey, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.